Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Why a Need for me to Blog



Thank God for the internet, that world wide web of cybernetic mélange, that is allowing all of us a chance to exercise yet another journalistic endeavor to exploit giving viewpoints, and writing them down for others to see and comment on! It’s because of the wide range of material that is readily available online that blogging has become such a phenomenon. I’m a writer, and what better way to stay connected to that which can be documented as keepsakes. Why have I decided to blog? That’s a long story, but I will attempt to give insight for the insatiable urge to document dialogue and continue having as many mediums possible to write it down, and rewrite as needed. This is the life of a writer...changing scenery, redefining setting, creating backstories, rearranging plots, and giving color to character makeups. But this blogging thing -- ah, the creative juice flows once again, and often!

The contents of which I will share in blogging will be more testimony to my idiosyncratic penchant to detail those things that are personal in nature, but generic to those that can identify. With that in mind, I’m looking forward to you readers giving reciprocal comment and empowering synergy to embrace and impart individual opinionated views. As a writer, and more so as an essayist, I have a lot to talk and write about. I currently express my views in several venues as a freelance writer both offline and online. You may know me from my column, “Views from the Catbird Seat over at
www.aaKultureZone.com, have visited www.authorsden.com where my writings are archived, or as the Editor and Founder of The Romer Review, www.theromerreview.com. I feel that I’m blessed because writing comes so natural, and He has allowed me to voice opinions that may be of help to someone else. I long to hear from you. Nevertheless, I find it to be an insatiable need to document those ‘genuine jewels’ that tend to tug at heartstrings and render you helpless and yearning to share what’s really on your mind. Spontaneity fuels my writing acumen, and gives new meaning to spur of the moment articulation. The need to blog and the urge is ever so strong!

Now, here is what to expect from me as I blog into your hearts and minds: I will put into place occasional pieces of a mosaic that speaks to all things literary and about Afrocentric mettle. You will get my ‘Notes on a Napkin’ – small vignettes that are lingering and lurking as issues that are so prevalent to us as a people of color. These are the tidbits that may get lost among the debris of life at the expense of the weightier topics that tend to dominate. I will comment on the Quips, Quotes and Anecdotes that are drivel to things that are part of the vernacular dominate to our leaders of today. Live! From the Literary Lounge will also be a staple…and from that room will come subjects dear to us for topical discussion pieces. Whoever steps up on that stage will have the spotlight to bring opinion to the forefront for conscious value. Finally, you will experience a few other things that I have in store to make my blogging experience such a different journey through journaling. I’m blogging because I have to get some of this stuff cooped inside of me out and in the open. Blogging will be added to my bailiwick and as a muse. Stay with me, and let’s ride together!

No comments: