Monday, July 11, 2005

I Am, Who I Am!

7/2/2005 10:22:17 PM

Today is the first day of my web logging experience...and I'm new to all of this. Blogs as they are so affectionately called, are inquisitive by nature and willing to be as sassy as needed to illustrate points for effective commentary. I’m no different than anybody else wanting to be exposed exponentially. I want to open my world to new and exciting things and be par for the course of my written acumen. Who am I you may ask?

I am quite a bit of everything but not enough of anything without something to allow prominence to illuminate the things within me. I am a creator, an educator, an adventurer, a dreamer even... I approach the world with the eyes of a visionary, the ears of a virtuoso, and the soul of a writer. Colors reinforce my life as I see the spectrum of many hues where others see only surface matters. I see passion and possibilities when others see only problems. I love the four seasons and the simplicity of life and the joy of a good friend. Sunsets, sunrises, and a good book are sources of inspiration, as well as a good loving woman, great sex, music to soothe me, a jazz joint with a good view, and my grandchildren.

I love to write; Essays are my wellspring, and poetry is an open book to my creativity. Words are pawns that I use to articulate feelings like a slow moving river without rapids but full of reason. The confidence I exude is sometimes mistaken for arrogance. At times moody and outspoken, I'm a sponge and a seeker of knowledge, and I take discernment seriously. Walter Mitty is a true friend and share my space. I have no choice but to smile often, laugh easily, and emote when necessary. I love what I do. I’m who I am, and what I aspire to be. I'm good at the things I can control, and dismayed at the things that control me. I learned to educate myself through reading, learned to create through writing, and learned to believe through faith in Him who strengthens me. I am -- my mother's son and my Father’s child!

No comments: